Lesson Learned: O365 cloud mail nameserver change

Was a little careless today with helping someone transfer their GoDaddy domain and O365 mail to a new server (transferring their nameserver).  When I looked at the GoDaddy domain DNS log, I saw all these entries that looked related to O365.  I thought when I move the domain nameserver that those DNS entries relating to O365 would stay so I didn’t even save the info.  Boy was I wrong, after I changed the nameserver I saw all the entries disappear.

Took me a little while to figure out how to setup the DNS entries needed.  Not sure why but it took me awhile to find the instructions on GoDaddy.  But eventually, I got it going but felt pretty bad that I probably prevented emails from being received.

Definitely, a lesson learned.  Need to be more careful in the future.

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in DevOps, troubleshooting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s