You have to use PHPUnit 3.4 version. Luckily if you download the zf1 from git, there’s a script in there to install the correct version. Of course I didn’t realize the script until I figured out how to do it manually. doh.
You’ll want to change in the php.ini, the memory limit to 512MB. Well that’s why I changed it to and its running OK and not getting out of memory errors. Also in php.ini change the display_errors to true.
To figure out which php.ini the command line is using, do
php -i | grep -i “configuration”
Then in zf1/tests you can run the script runtests
I ran :
phpunit –verbose –process-isolation
the process-isolation is suppose to help save memory
Doh after ~2 hrs, a fatal error:
Catchable fatal error: Argument 2 passed to PHPUnit_Framework_TestResult::addError() must be an instance of Exception, instance of __PHP_Incomplete_Class given, called in /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.19/lib/php/PHPUnit/Framework/TestCase.php on line 647 and defined in /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.4.19/lib/php/PHPUnit/Framework/TestResult.php on line 208
Not going to worry about it as all I wanted to do was to make sure I could get the tests up and running.