Using QT Creater, trying to debug a program on remote device. I set the breakpoints on the IDE but the breakpoints are not active and program does not stop.
The “Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint” seemed pretty suspioucous so looked into that. Realized that I did not have the environment variable sysroot set to a copy of the target filesystem.
Within QT Creator you can set an environment variable in the Projects->Run Settings->Run->System Environment
While I still see the Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint message, the program now stops at breakpoints I set on the IDE. Semi resolved.
Below link is really good at explaining the issue.